Hello guys, my name is Gabby. I am an avid reader of Nairaland but registered newly in order to share my experience. I would like to share 10 tips with you guys which I think you will find very helpful if you decide to move to Ireland (where I am based) or to a different country abroad… please keep reading and watch the detailed video below where I explained everything.
Listed below are the 10 tips or things I think everyone should consider before they decide to move to Ireland or a different country abroad…
1. Research: the importance of proper research cannot be over emphasized and research is the first thing I chose because this is the stage where you start to think about the school (university, college or institute of technology) you would like to attend, know the course you would like to study and you also want to know if the school is credible and if it is a globally recognised school and all these information can be found on the schools website or if you think that the website is confusing put a call across to the school and get the information you need or better still google the information that you are looking for and I’m sure something will come up.
2. Budget: The amount of money you have set aside for things like tuition, accommodation, transportation and more. Budgeting is important because it allows you to stay within your estimated cost and not to go over it based on the amount of money that you have and the amount of money that you have set aside. You can easily create a budget via excel, Microsoft word or better still the note pad that is on your phone is also a good place to start.
3. Cost of living: it is important to know what the cost of living is like in the country you plan on relocating to. The price varies per counties and cities, so you want to know what it will cost you to live in that city, either school accommodation or off campus accommodation knowing the cost is important and you can also factor that into your budget.
4. Accommodation: when it comes to getting the right accommodation, sometimes you get the best and sometimes you do not. You can start searching for accommodation before going to the country you are moving to. You can google the country you are going to and try to find something that is close to school because this saves you the cost of transportation. And if you do not get an accommodation in time before you resume, you can book a hotel or an Airbnb while you are still searching for your accommodation and always check the school website properly for the section on accommodation.
5. Weather change/clothing: The weather over here hits different and when I say different, I mean the weather is cold and it ranges from -0 to 28 degrees depending on the time of the year. In a country where there is a lot of cold you will need thermal clothes as opposed to chiffon clothes. So, if you are thinking about packing your nice chiffon top or if you have packed it. Take it out of your box and try to find clothes that are thick and if per chance you don’t own any you can budget some amount of money so that when you get to your destination country you can get clothes from the stores over there